Saturday, September 23, 2006

Indiana Football


Went to my first IU football game today. I wasn't sure I was going to go earlier in the day, since it was raining and the forecast said it was only going to get worse (continued rain + violent storms). But by about 3:00 (game time was 3:30) it didn't look so bad, and I decided to give it a go.

As it happened, it rained a bit right when I got to the stadium (at about 3:45) but stopped and never rained again for the duration of the game (and as of 11:00pm, for the rest of the day).

IU was playing the University of Connecticut Huskies, so (since I was born and raised in Connecticut) I was routing for the visitors.

It was a rather ugly game-- in the 1st quarter, which lasted for AN HOUR, Indiana had the most yards gained: 25. UConn gained 18. There was 1 first down (for IU).

It got a little better after that-- in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, both teams scored and the time went by faster.

But the final score was UConn 14, IU 7, and of those 21 total points, only 7 were actually scored by an offense (UConn; the other UConn touchdown was on an interception return, and IU's only score was on a kickoff return, 87 yards).

We have plans to attend an IU basketball game later this year-- here's hoping it's more exciting.

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love ALL the new pictures. But I miss the doggies.
Love from Lily and Rudy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home