Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Pie and Pint

That's the latest name for my future pub, whose food offerings would be based around pie. Meat pies, quiche, shepherd's pie, etc., etc.

Last night I decided to attempt my first savory pie: Hamburger Pie. The idea is that it's like a hamburger you'd get at a "normal" bar, but in the form of a pie.

It contains ground beef, some spices, some tomato sauce (in place of ketchup), and some cheese.

I put it in my usual homemade pie crust, baked it, and voila.


Flaky crust with yummy hamburger filling (tomato slices on top to give it a slightly sophisticated touch!). Ketchup can be added if you like, though I found it just fine to eat all by itself.

Feel free to add suggestions for savory pies I should try in the future!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it!!!! it looks delicious.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger leigh said...

i'll admit, i was a bit skeptical of the meat pie. BUT, it sounds actually quite yummy. The burger pie alone attracts a different crowd than the burger. fascinating!
-l

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

File under Grinsnakable!!!!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Grindsakable would be correct non mouth watering savorexcited fast spelling

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I actually spelled it wrong both times. This is your mouth under the infuence of savory

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the name and can't wait to eat the pie!!!

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see variations on beef wellington. Or plain ole beef wellington!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home